Shell Aeroshell W 15w50 (Case - 12 Quarts)
Aeroshell 15W-50 is an ashless dispersant oil specially formulated for use in aviation piston engines. It provides ideal stability and protection, even at extreme ambient temperatures. Aeroshell 15W-50 protects against wear of camshafts, lifters and other surfaces. It’s non-ash forming additives help eliminate combustion chamber deposits and promote engine cleanliness.
- Promotes Engine Cleanness. The non-ash forming, polymeric additive was developed to help eliminate the harmful combustion chamber deposits that occur during normal operation.
- Multigrade Performance allows for improved engine operation in temperature extremes.
- Excellent Low Temperature characteristics provide easier cold weather starting and rapid lubrication of engine parts.
- Reduces Oil Consumption in some cases by up to 50% and resists thickening at low temperatures.
- Protects against oil cooler plugging.
- All Season oil function since there is no need to change from a winter / summer grade depending on the ambient temperatures.
- High Viscosity Index Semi-Synthetic Base Oils used, maintain their viscosity and help protect engine components more effectively under the high shear stresses that an engine places on lubricants.
- Provides Compatibility with other approved aircraft piston engine oils. Since AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 is fully approved to SAE J-1899 and is listed on the relevant Qualified Products List (QPL), elaborate precautions are not needed when changing from similarly approved aircraft engine oils, as long as these oils are qualified products.
- Reduces Fuel Consumption by up to 5% over straight grade engine oils.
- Avco Lycoming 301F (Service Bulletin 1014J and revisions, 446C & 471)
- Teledyne Continental MHS-24B (Service Bulletin M81-11 and revisions)
- Pratt & Whitney All radial engines (Service Bulletin 1183 revision R)
- FAA Airworthiness Directive 80-04-03