Mobilux EP 2 (Case - 10 Tubes)
Formulated for most types of industrial applications, including heavy-duty applications where high unit pressures or shock loads are present, Mobilux EP 2 is a high-performance, general-purpose lithium hydroxystearate grease recommended for multipurpose usage in antifriction and plain bearings, bushings and pins under normal operating conditions. The recommended operating temperature range of Mobilux EP 2 is from -4 to 266 degrees F (-20 to 130 C), but it may be used at higher temperatures if the lubrication frequency is increased. Mobilux EP 2 is NLGI Grade 2, and it meets or exceeds the requirements of DIN 51825 KP2K-20. Designed to provide extra protection against rust, corrosion, wear and water washout, Mobilux EP 2 offers excellent lubrication even in the presence of water, extending bearing life potential in wet environments. This product also demonstrates exceptional load-carrying and Extreme Pressure capability.
Mobilux EP greases have a long history of proven performance and have demonstrated good performance in the areas of corrosion protection, low temperature pumpability and high temperature service life. A Timken OK load of 40 lb illustrates their load carrying and extreme pressure capability.
- Reduced wear under heavy or shock loading and vibration for good equipment reliability and availability
- Protection against rust and corrosion and resistance to water washout for equipment protection and good lubrication even in presence of water
- Extended bearing life potential in wet environments for reduced bearing costs and unanticipated downtime
- Good pumpability in centralised systems (Mobilux EP 0 and 1)
- Effective leakage control (Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023)
- Mobilux EP 0 and EP 1 provide good low temperature pumpability and are suitable for centralised lubrication systems and other applications where low temperature performance is required.
- Mobilux EP 2 is recommended for multipurpose applications in antifriction and plain bearings, bushings and pins under normal operating conditions.
- Mobilux EP 3 is a stiffer NLGI grade 3 grease recommended for applications where maximum protection against penetration of water or solid contaminants is required.
- Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023 are particularly suitable for the lubrication of enclosed gears and bearings in poorly sealed gear cases on most underground mining machinery with the exception of electric motor gearings. Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023 can also be used in many other industrial applications where conventional gear oils cannot be retained in equipment such as gear cases, chain cases, because of leakage due to worn or missing seals. Mobilux EP 004 passes the SEW 1008 hour gear test requirement DR.EM.203 mod.
|Mobilux EP meets or exceeds the requirements of:||Mobilux EP 0||Mobilux EP 1||Mobilux EP 2||Mobilux EP 3||Mobilux EP 004||Mobilux EP 023|
|Mobilux EP has the following builder approvals||Mobilux EP 0||Mobilux EP 1||Mobilux EP 2||Mobilux EP 3||Mobilux EP 004||Mobilux EP 023|
|SEW Eurodrive/ PS C Gears||X|
|Mobilux EP 0||Mobilux EP 1||Mobilux EP 2||Mobilux EP 3||Mobilux EP 004||Mobilux EP 023|
|Penetration, Worked, 25ºC, ASTM D 217||370||325||280||235||415||460|
|Viscosity of Oil, ASTM D 445|
|cSt @ 40ºC||160||160||160||160||160||320|
|Timken OK Load, ASTM D 2509, lb||40||40||40||40||40||40|
|4-Ball Wear, ASTM D 2266, Scar, mm||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.5||0.4|
|4-Ball Weld Load, ASTM D 2596, Kg||250||250||250||250||250||250|
|Dropping Point, D 2265, C||190||190||190||190|
|Rust Protection, ASTM D 6138, Distilled Water||0-0||0-0||0-0||0-0||0-0||0-0|