Mobil ATF D/M (5 Gal. Pail)
Mobil ATF D/M provides excellent oxidation and friction stability, anti-wear properties, and low-temperature fluidity desired for most automatic transmissions.
Advantages offered by Mobil ATF D/M over transmission fluids of lower quality are:
- Excellent oxidation stability — helps resist chemical deterioration over long service periods.
- High viscosity index — helps retain adequate lubricating body for severe hot-weather service without thickening excessively at low starting temperatures
- Corrosion prevention — helps provide protection against rusting and corrosion, plus special protection for soldered fittings
- Foaming resistance — contains an effective anti-foaming agent
- Elastomer compatibility — is not harmful to synthetic rubber seal materials.
- Good lubricating characteristics — gives quiet operation, smooth shifting, and excellent wear protection.
- Controlled friction properties — transmission of power is smooth and efficient throughout all normal temperature ranges.
Mobil ATF D/M is recommended by ExxonMobil for use in applications requiring: GM DEXRON® IIIH, Ford MERCON® and Allison C-4
Note: Mobil ATF D/M is not recommended for other applications, including GM DEXRON® VI, Ford MERCON® V , MERCON LV®, MERCON SP® and Type F ATF
Mobil ATF D/M also can be used as the lubricating oil in several types of rotary air compressors under certain service conditions. Its low-temperature properties and resistance to oxidation are important factors in meeting the requirements of this service. (Please consult the manufacturer service manual for required specifications before use).
Good maintenance practice dictates that automatic transmissions be checked for proper fluid levels at regular intervals, and that the fluid be drained and replaced at intervals recommended by the manufacturer. Some manufacturers recommend more frequent changes of transmission fluid under severe driving conditions.
|Mobil ATF D/M is recommended by ExxonMobil for use in applications requiring:|
|GM Dexron® III H||X|
|Mobil ATF D/M|
|cSt @ 40º C||35.3|
|cSt @ 100º C||7.4|
|cSt @ -40º C||16,670|
|Flash Point, ºC(F)||180 (356)|