Mobilux EP 023 (5 Gal. Pail)
Mobilux EP 023 is a high performance special-duty semi-fluid greases. This lithium hydroxystearate grease is formulated to provide extra protection against wear, rusting and water washout. It is in NLGI grade 000.
While Mobilux EP 023 is particularly suitable for the lubrication of enclosed gears and bearings in poorly sealed gear cases, it can also be used in many other industrial applications where conventional gear oils cannot be retained in gear cases, chain cases, etc. because of leakage due to worn or missing seals. The recommended operating temperature range is -15 to 120ºC for Mobilux EP 023.
Mobilux EP greases have a long history of proven performance and have demonstrated good performance in the areas of corrosion protection, low temperature pumpability and high temperature service life. A Timken OK load of 40 lb illustrates their load carrying and extreme pressure capability.
- Reduced wear under heavy or shock loading and vibration for good equipment reliability and availability
- Protection against rust and corrosion and resistance to water washout for equipment protection and good lubrication even in presence of water
- Extended bearing life potential in wet environments for reduced bearing costs and unanticipated downtime
- Good pumpability in centralised systems (Mobilux EP 0 and 1)
- Effective leakage control (Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023)
- Mobilux EP 0 and EP 1 provide good low temperature pumpability and are suitable for centralised lubrication systems and other applications where low temperature performance is required.
- Mobilux EP 2 is recommended for multipurpose applications in antifriction and plain bearings, bushings and pins under normal operating conditions.
- Mobilux EP 3 is a stiffer NLGI grade 3 grease recommended for applications where maximum protection against penetration of water or solid contaminants is required.
- Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023 are particularly suitable for the lubrication of enclosed gears and bearings in poorly sealed gear cases on most underground mining machinery with the exception of electric motor gearings. Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023 can also be used in many other industrial applications where conventional gear oils cannot be retained in equipment such as gear cases, chain cases, because of leakage due to worn or missing seals. Mobilux EP 004 passes the SEW 1008 hour gear test requirement DR.EM.203 mod.
|Mobilux EP meets or exceeds the requirements of:Mobilux EP 0Mobilux EP 1Mobilux EP 2Mobilux EP 3Mobilux EP 004Mobilux EP 023|
|Mobilux EP has the following builder approvalsMobilux EP 0Mobilux EP 1Mobilux EP 2Mobilux EP 3Mobilux EP 004Mobilux EP 023|
|SEW Eurodrive/ PS C Gears||X|
|Mobilux EP 0Mobilux EP 1Mobilux EP 2Mobilux EP 3Mobilux EP 004Mobilux EP 023|
|Penetration, Worked, 25ºC, ASTM D 217||370||325||280||235||415||460|
|Viscosity of Oil, ASTM D 445|
|cSt @ 40ºC||160||160||160||160||160||320|
|Timken OK Load, ASTM D 2509, lb||40||40||40||40||40||40|
|4-Ball Wear, ASTM D 2266, Scar, mm||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.5||0.4|
|4-Ball Weld Load, ASTM D 2596, Kg||250||250||250||250||250||250|
|Dropping Point, D 2265, C||190||190||190||190|
|Rust Protection, ASTM D 6138, Distilled Water||0-0||0-0||0-0||0-0||0-0||0-0|