Mobilux EP 0 (5 Gal. Pail)
Mobilux EP 0 is a high-performance, NLGI Grade 0 lithium hydroxystearate general-purpose grease that is highly recommended for most types of industrial applications, including heavy-duty applications where high unit pressures or shock loads are present. Suitable for centralized systems, Mobilux EP 0 provides exceptional protection against rust and corrosion. This product can withstand water wash-out, which makes it especially suitable for lubricating equipment in wet or moist environments. Recommended operating temperatures for Mobilux EP 0 range from -4 to 266 degrees F (-20 to 130 degrees C), but it can also be used at higher temperatures if lubrication frequency is increased. Mobilux EP 0 has demonstrated effective low-temperature pumpability as well as excellent high-temperature service life.
Mobilux EP greases have a long history of proven performance and have demonstrated good performance in the areas of corrosion protection, low temperature pumpability and high temperature service life. A Timken OK load of 40 lb illustrates their load carrying and extreme pressure capability.
- Reduced wear under heavy or shock loading and vibration for good equipment reliability and availability
- Protection against rust and corrosion and resistance to water washout for equipment protection and good lubrication even in presence of water
- Extended bearing life potential in wet environments for reduced bearing costs and unanticipated downtime
- Good pumpability in centralised systems (Mobilux EP 0 and 1)
- Effective leakage control (Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023)
- Mobilux EP 0 and EP 1 provide good low temperature pumpability and are suitable for centralised lubrication systems and other applications where low temperature performance is required.
- Mobilux EP 2 is recommended for multipurpose applications in antifriction and plain bearings, bushings and pins under normal operating conditions.
- Mobilux EP 3 is a stiffer NLGI grade 3 grease recommended for applications where maximum protection against penetration of water or solid contaminants is required.
- Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023 are particularly suitable for the lubrication of enclosed gears and bearings in poorly sealed gear cases on most underground mining machinery with the exception of electric motor gearings. Mobilux EP 004 and Mobilux EP 023 can also be used in many other industrial applications where conventional gear oils cannot be retained in equipment such as gear cases, chain cases, because of leakage due to worn or missing seals. Mobilux EP 004 passes the SEW 1008 hour gear test requirement DR.EM.203 mod.
|Mobilux EP meets or exceeds the requirements of:||Mobilux EP 0||Mobilux EP 1||Mobilux EP 2||Mobilux EP 3||Mobilux EP 004||Mobilux EP 023|
|Mobilux EP has the following builder approvals||Mobilux EP 0||Mobilux EP 1||Mobilux EP 2||Mobilux EP 3||Mobilux EP 004||Mobilux EP 023|
|SEW Eurodrive/ PS C Gears||X|
|Mobilux EP 0||Mobilux EP 1||Mobilux EP 2||Mobilux EP 3||Mobilux EP 004||Mobilux EP 023|
|Penetration, Worked, 25ºC, ASTM D 217||370||325||280||235||415||460|
|Viscosity of Oil, ASTM D 445|
|cSt @ 40ºC||160||160||160||160||160||320|
|Timken OK Load, ASTM D 2509, lb||40||40||40||40||40||40|
|4-Ball Wear, ASTM D 2266, Scar, mm||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.4||0.5||0.4|
|4-Ball Weld Load, ASTM D 2596, Kg||250||250||250||250||250||250|
|Dropping Point, D 2265, C||190||190||190||190|
|Rust Protection, ASTM D 6138, Distilled Water||0-0||0-0||0-0||0-0||0-0||0-0|