Mobiltemp SHC 32 (16 Gal. Keg)
Mobiltemp SHC 32 is a top-line performance NLGI Grade 1.5 grease specifically formulated for usage in the high-temperature environments of today's market. This grease combines the value properties of a polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluid with those of a non-soap, organo-clay thickener. The result is a solution that is incredibly resistant to thermal/oxidative degradation and maintains its stability, even at the highest of temperatures. In addition, because it has lower traction properties when compared to mineral oils, Mobiltemp SHC 32 also allows for potential energy savings by reducing friction, lessening torque and lowering temperatures through the load zone, making this grease a dependable, adaptable solution in most markets. Used in the following applications: screws, splines, some enclosed gearings, sealed or re-packable ball and roller bearings.
The Mobil SHC brand of oils and greases are recognised and appreciated around the world for their innovation and outstanding performance. These molecular design PAO synthetic products, pioneered by ExxonMobil research scientists, symbolise the continuing commitment to using advanced technology to provide outstanding products. A key factor in the development of Mobiltemp SHC Series was the close contact between our scientists and application specialists with key Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to ensure that our product offerings would provide exceptional performance in the continually evolving industrial equipment designs.
Our work with equipment builders has helped confirm the results from our own laboratory tests showing the exceptional performance of the Mobiltemp SHC Series lubricants. These benefits include superb high temperature performance including thickener integrity and oxidation life with enhanced bearing protection and bearing life.
To combat high thermal exposure of the oil our product formulation scientists chose PAO synthetic base oils for Mobiltemp SHC Series oils because of their exceptional thermal/oxidative resistance potential. Our formulators used a special clay thickener to provide excellent structural stability and high dropping point. Mobiltemp SHC Series greases offer the following benefits:
|Features||Advantages and Potential Benefits|
|Outstanding high and low temperature performance||Reduced downtime and lower maintenance costs|
|Excellent resistance to oxidation and maintenance of grease structure at high temperatures||Extended service life with longer intervals between relubrication|
|Low coefficient of traction||Reduced energy consumption potential|
|Outstanding low temperature pumpability||Easier low temperature start-up and lower running torque|
|Very good antiwear protection||Extended bearing life, reduced unanticipated downtime|
Mobiltemp SHC greases offer excellent high temperature grease life, bearing protection and grease integrity along with excellent low temperature capability and good wear protection. Specific applications include:
- For Mobiltemp SHC 32
- Sealed or re-packable ball and roller bearings
- Splines, screws and some enclosed gearing
- Extreme temperature applications with a recommended operating temperature range of -50º C to 180º C (with appropriate relubrication intervals).
- For Mobiltemp SHC 100
- High speed bearings and thrust bearings where a wide temperature range is desired
- It is particularly suitable for use in electric motor bearings where operating conditions demand reduced friction, low wear and long service life
- Extreme temperature applications with a recommended operating temperature range of -50º C to 200º C (with appropriate relubrication intervals).
- For Mobiltemp SHC 460 Special
- The presence of molybdenum disulphide makes it particularly suitable for the lubrication of sliding machine elements such as cams and ways, which are subject to long relubrication intervals, limited motion or shock loading.
- Oven conveyor or kiln bearings which are subject to high temperatures or cycling between high and normal temperatures
- Extreme temperature applications with a recommended operating temperature range of -40º C to 180º C (with appropriate relubrication intervals).
|Mobiltemp SHC Series meets or exceeds the requirements of:||32||100||460 Special|
|DIN 51825: (2004-06)||KPHC1-2K-50L|
|Mobiltemp SHC Series||32||100||460 Special|
|Color, Visual||Red||Light Brown||Grey|
|Penetration, Worked, 25ºC, ASTM D 217||315||280||325|
|Dropping Point, ºC, ASTM D 2265||260+||260+||260+|
|Viscosity of Oil, ASTM D 445|
|cSt @ 40º C||32||100||460|
|4-Ball Wear, ASTM D 2266, Scar, mm||0.7||0.4||0.4|
|4-Ball Weld, ASTM D 2596, Load, Kg||200+||200+||250+|