Mobilith SHC 221 (55 Gal. Drum)
Combining the unique features of synthetic base fluids with a superior-quality lithium complex thickener, Mobilith SHC 221 is an NLGI Grade 1 multipurpose grease, highly recommended for a variety of heavy-duty automotive and Extreme Pressure industrial applications. The lithium complex thickener ensures exceptional adhesion, structural stability and water resistance. Mobilith SHC 221 is specially designed for a wide range of temperature applications, from -40 to 302 degrees F (-40 to 150 degrees C). Protect your equipment against corrosion, rust and wear, while reducing operating temperatures in the load zone of spherical roller and ball bearings. Mobilith SHC 221 uses an ISO VG 220 synthetic base fluid, providing great pumpability, low coefficient of traction, plus very low starting and running torque.
The Mobil SHC brand of oils and greases are recognized and appreciated around the world for their innovation and outstanding performance. The Mobilith SHC series symbolizes ExxonMobil's continued commitment to using advanced technology to provide outstanding products. A key factor in the development of the Mobilith SHC Series were the close contacts between our scientists and application specialists with key Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to ensure that our product offerings would provide exceptional performance in the continually evolving industrial equipment designs.
Our work with equipment builders has helped confirm the results from our own laboratory tests showing the exceptional performance of the Mobilith SHC Series lubricants. These benefits include longer grease life, enhanced bearing protection and bearing life, wide temperature range of application, and the potential for improved mechanical efficiency and energy savings.
To combat high thermal exposure of the oil our product formulation scientists chose proprietary synthetic base oils for Mobilith SHC Series oils because of their exceptional thermal/oxidative resistance potential. Our scientists developed a state-of-the-art lithium complex thickener technology and used specific additives to enhance the performance of each grade of the Mobilith SHC Series product family. The Mobilith SHC Series greases offer the following features and benefits:
|Features||Advantages and Potential Benefits|
|Outstanding high temperature and low temperature performance||Wide application temperature ranges, with excellent protection at high temperatures and low torque, easy start-up at low temperatures|
|Excellent protection against wear, rust and corrosion||Reduced downtime and maintenance costs because of reduced wear, rust and corrosion|
|Excellent thermal stability and oxidation resistance||Extended service life with longer intervals between relubrication and improved bearing life|
|Low traction coefficient||Potential to improve mechanical life and reduced energy consumption|
|Includes both high and low viscosity grades||Options for outstanding protection of slow speed, heavily loaded bearings, and options for good low temperature performance|
|Outstanding structural stability in the presence of water||Retains excellent grease performance in hostile aqueous environments|
|Low volatility||Helps resists viscosity increase at high temperatures to maximize relubrication intervals and bearing life|
Application Considerations: While Mobilith SHC Series greases are compatible with most mineral oil based products, admixture may detract from their performance. Consequently it is recommended that before changing a system to one of the Mobilith SHC Series, it should be thoroughly cleaned out to achieve the maximum performance benefits. While the Mobilith SHC Series greases share many performance benefits, their applications are best described in terms of each product grade:
- Mobilith SHC 100 is an antiwear and extreme pressure grease primarily recommended for higher speed applications such as electric motors, where reduced friction, low wear and long service life are required. It is an NLGI 2 Grade / ISO VG 100 grease with a synthetic base fluid. Its operating temperature range is -40º C* to 150º C.
- Mobilith SHC 220 is a multi-purpose, NLGI 2 extreme pressure grease recommended for heavy-duty automotive and industrial applications. It uses an ISO VG 220 synthetic base fluid. Mobilith SHC 220 has a recommended operating temperature range of -40º C* to 150º C.
- Mobilith SHC 221 is a multi-purpose, extreme pressure grease recommended for heavy-duty automotive and industrial applications, particularly where centralized grease systems are utilized. It uses an ISO VG 220 synthetic base fluid. Mobilith SHC 221 has a recommended operating temperature range of -40º C to 150º C.
- Mobilith SHC 460 is an NLGI 1.5 Grade grease with ISO VG 460 synthetic base fluid and is an extreme pressure grease recommended for tough industrial and marine applications. It provides outstanding bearing protection under heavy loads at low-to-moderate speeds and in applications where water resistance is a critical factor. Mobilith SHC 460 has demonstrated outstanding performance in steel mills, paper mills and marine applications. The recommended operating temperature range is -30º C* to 150ºC.
- Mobilith SHC 1000 Special is an NLGI 2 Grade grease with ISO VG 1000 synthetic base fluid and strongly fortified with solid lubricants including 11% graphite and 1% molybdenum disulphide for maximum protection of plain or rolling element bearings operating under boundary lubrication regimes. This product is designed to extend bearing life under conditions of extremely slow speeds, sliding contacts, and high temperatures. Mobilith SHC 1000 Special has a recommended operating temperature of -30°C* to 150 °C with appropriate relubrication intervals.
- Mobilith SHC 1500 is an NLGI 1.5 Grade / ISO VG 1500 grease with a synthetic base fluid. It is intended for use in plain and rolling element bearings operating at extremely slow speeds, under heavy loads and high temperatures. Mobilith SHC 1500 has a recommended operating temperature range of -30 ºC* to 150 ºC with appropriate relubrication intervals. Continuous lubrication with Mobilith SHC 1500 has been very effective in prolonging bearing life in a severe roll press application. Mobilith SHC 1500 has also provided excellent performance in rotary kiln roller bearings and in slag transfer rail car bearings.
- Mobilith SHC 007 is an NLGI 00 Grade / ISO VG 460 grease with a synthetic base fluid; it has a recommended operating temperature range of -50º C to 150 º C with appropriate relubrication intervals. Its primary uses are in grease filled industrial gear cases subject to high temperatures, where conventional semi fluid greases will not provide acceptable lubricant life and in non-driven heavy-duty truck trailer wheel hubs.
*Low temperature claims based on ASTM D 1478 results vs. maximum limits of 10,000 / 1000 gcm @ startup and 1 hour respectively.
|Mobilith SHC Series meets or exceeds the requirements of:||100||220||221||460||1000 Special||1500||007|
|DIN 51825: (2004-06)||KPHC 2N-40||KPHC 2N-30||-||KPHC 1-2N-40||KPFHC 2N-30||KPHC 1-2N-30||-|
|DIN 51826: (2005-01)||-||-||-||-||-||-||GPHC 00K-30|
|Mobilith SHC Series has the following builder approvals:||100||220||221||460||1000 Special||1500||007|
*For product only supplied to North American Railroads
|Mobilith SHC Series||100||220||221||460||1000 Special||1500||007|
|Thickener Type||Lithium Complex||Lithium Complex||Lithium Complex||Lithium Complex||Lithium Complex||Lithium Complex||Lithium Complex|
|Color, Visual||Red||Red||Light Tan||Red||Grey Black||Red||Red|
|Penetration, Worked, 25ºC, ASTM D 217||280||280||325||305||280||305||415|
|Dropping Point, ºC, ASTM D 2265||265||265||265||265||265||265||-|
|Viscosity of Oil, ASTM D 445 cSt @ 40ºC||100||220||220||460||1000||1500||460|
|4-Ball Weld, ASTM D 2596, Load, Kg||250||250||250||250||620||250||250|
|Water Washout, ASTM D 1264, 79 ºC, % Wt. Loss||6||3||4||3||2.6||2.5||-|
|Rust Protection, ASTM D 6138, Distilled Water||0,0||0,0||0,0||0,0||0,0||0,0||-|
|Corrosion Protection, ASTM D 1743, Rating||Pass||Pass||Pass||Pass||Pass||Pass||-|
|4-Ball Wear, ASTM D 2266, Scar, mm||0.50||0.50||0.50||0.50||0.50||0.50||0.50|
|Low Temperature Torque, ASTM D 1478, Torque @ Startup/1 Hour in gcm and Test Tº||9520/2199 @ -50 ºC||4361/836 @ -40 ºC||----||9060/2944 @ -40 ºC||----||1874/‹1000 @ -20 ºC||----|
|U.S. Mobility, AM-S 1390, -18 ºC, gms/min||20.0||11.0||----||5.0||----||3.0||----|