Medallion Plus SO 5780 (5 Gal. Pail)
Medallion Plus SO 5780 is a worker-friendly, heavy-duty, multi-metal emulsifiable cutting and grinding fluid. It is specially formulated with effective anti-foam additives for exceptional performance in very high pressure delivery systems. SO 5780’s biostable formula ensures long sump life and resistance to rancidity. The sulfonate-free emulsifier system provides excellent stability in hard or soft water. Compared to other metalworking coolants, Medallion Plus SO 5780 is nearly odorless, clean running, gentle on the skin, and safe for workers when properly maintained.
Medallion Plus SO 5780 is intended for difficult machining and grinding applications on a wide range of metals from bronze to soft die-cast aluminum to hardened tool steels. It is ideally suited for metalworking facilities where a single fluid is desired for a wide range of difficult machining operations on a wide variety of metals. EP additives ensure excellent tool life and surface finish in critical operations on low-machinability metals.
Medallion Plus SO 5780 offers:
- Low, non-irritating formula. Protects workers from skin and breathing issues.
- Super Heavy-Duty, multi-metal capabilities (EP)
- Sulfonate-free emulsifier system for exceptional stability
- Robust anti-foam performance for very-high-pressure applications
- Biostable formula for excellent rancidity control and long shelf life
- Excellent detergency for clean-running machines and sumps
- Excellent rust protection at concentrations as low as 3% Lowodor formula that is non-irritating to workers
|Appearance||Clear amber liquid|
|Specific Gravity @ 72F||0.95 - 0.97|
|pH (diluted 5% in water)||8.9 - 9.4|
|Use Concentration: Grinding||3% - 5%|
|Use Concentration: Cutting||5% - 10%|