Houghton MTC 53 (5 Gal. Pail)
This item has a 10-14 day lead time.
Houghton MTC-53 is a powerful cleaner for machine tool sumps and central systems. It is concentrated and designed to be mixed with water for use. This makes a quick acting solvent/detergent solution that removes grease and gummy deposits from machine surfaces. It also purges caked residues and scum from coolant sumps, lines and fittings. Houghton MTC (Machine Tool Cleaner)-53 makes a non-flammable and non-corrosive solution that is fast acting and easy to handle.
MTC-53 is a powerful, effective cleaner for machine tools and central coolant systems. Mix it with water or use. This makes a quick acting solvent-detergent solution that removes grease and gummy deposits from machine surfaces. It also purges caked residue and scum from coolant sumps, lines and fittings. Use it to clean out return trenches, and main reservoirs in central coolant systems.
MTC-53 solutions are non-flammable water mixes. It is non-corrosive and safe to handle.
- Powerful detergent action
- Preserved to assure longer life
- Non-flammable water solution
- Non-corrosive, easy to handle
- Fast acting
HOW TO USE
Five simple steps clean your machine:
- Dump old fluid from system. Add enough fresh water for thorough circulation.
- Add 1-5% MTC-53 per gallon of water in sump. Quantity required depends on condition of equipment.
- Circulate solution for one to two hours, or until all deposits are loosened. Make sure that all surfaces to be cleaned are reached by the solution. For caked deposits, use high pressure flow to loosen. Residual deposits may trap live bacteria that will re-infect the system, so clean thoroughly.
- Drain. Flush with fresh water.
- Add fresh coolant to the machine system.
For optimum effectiveness:
Add 1-2% MTC-53 per gallon to the system 24 hours before the final cleaning above.
Clear, amber fluid
Pounds per Gallon